Pair Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse to a Fire TV Stick
Your Fire TV can be paired with different types of Bluetooth devices. Up to seven Bluetooth accessories can be paired with your Fire TV.
Start with a proximity check before pairing a Bluetooth device with Fire TV.
- Bluetooth connection range is often limited to 10 meters or 32 feet.
- A distance less than 12 inches can also cause issues.
- Physical obstacles, like walls, drastically reduce the Bluetooth signal strength and range.
- Electronic interference like radio and microwave signals are probable causes for connection issues.
1 Compatible Bluetooth Devices
In order to pair a Bluetooth device to a Fire TV, it must support certain specifications, also called profiles, that tell the Fire TV how to communicate with that device. You can find the Bluetooth devices supported profiles in its documentation. Fire TV is compatible with the following profiles:
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) - Streams audio to compatible Bluetooth headphones. Only one pair of Bluetooth headphones can be connected to the Fire TV at any time.
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID) - Supports external accessories, such as wireless keyboards and mice (not supported on Fire TV Stick), some third-party remotes.
- Serial Port Profile (SPP) - Supports external accessories, such as wireless game controllers.
- Fire TV can have up to seven Bluetooth accessories and remotes actively connected at any time.
- Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets cannot be connected to the Fire TV via Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth microphones, microphone-enabled headsets, and low energy devices are not supported.
2 Connect Bluetooth Device
How to pair your Bluetooth device to Fire TV
Your Bluetooth device should be in pairing mode. If you aren't sure how to put it in pairing mode, refer to its manual or the manufacturer's website.
- From your Fire TV, open Settings then select Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.
- Select Other Bluetooth Devices.
- Before proceeding to the next step, make sure your Bluetooth device is in pairing mode.
- Select Add Bluetooth Devices.
- You should see a list of detected nearby Bluetooth-ready devices, select your device to pair it.