How to Set Up Parental Controls on a D-Link Router
- How to set up website filtering on your D-Link Router.
- A computer or mobile device to navigate the router's web interface.
- The administrative login credentials to gain access to the router's web interface.
Parental Controls are features that may be available on computers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, media players, television sets or networking devices, that help parents reduce the risk of their children encountering unwanted or inappropriate content for their age or maturity level while using any of the above mentioned devices. The types of Parental Controls available can vary depending on device type, manufacturer, model or software being used.
Using Parental Controls is only an extra step in helping parents protect their children. Active, engaged parenting is essential in helping children develop good habits. Working with the children, talking to them and encouraging responsible behaviour is critical.
- Launch the browser that you use to go online on your computer or mobile device.
- Navigate to http://dlinkrouter.local within the address bar.
- Log in with the administrator password set on your router.
This is the device administration login password which is different from the Wi-Fi connection password.
3 Filter Websites
- Go to the Advanced tab and select Website Filter.
- Choose whether you want to deny or allow access to the websites you are about to add then select Add Rule.
- Enter the website address or keyword contained in the address. Select Save when you're done.
You can add up to 15 website addresses or keywords to the filter.
Was this content helpful?YesNo