How to Set Up a Sony XB20 Speaker
The Sony XB20 is a Bluetooth speaker with great battery life and lighting that plays along with the music. It can be linked with up to 10 other compatible Sony speakers.
This guide will walk you through the basic setup of your Sony XB20 Wireless Speaker.
To charge your speaker, use the supplied USB Cable. Plug one end into your speaker and the other end into the USB port of a computer or USB AC adapter.
The computer and USB AC adapter used in the illustrations are not included with your speaker.
- The CHARGE light will be amber while charging.
- When charging is complete the CHARGE light will turn off.
- The CHARGE light will slowly flash when the battery is low.
- To check approximate battery life, press and hold the Call button for at least 3 seconds. The speaker will announce a current battery life estimate.
2 Power On/Off
To power the unit on/off press the Power button. The Bluetooth indicator will blink when powered on.
Auto Power Off will occur in 15 minutes if there is no activity.
3 Pairing Mode
- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button until you hear beeps and the Bluetooth light flashes rapidly.
- If you have a NFC enabled device you can place it next to the NFC logo and it will automatically pair with your device.
4 Link Speakers
Multiple Sony XB20 speakers can be linked together for Stereo or "Double mode."
- Power on both speakers you wish to link.
- Press and hold the Add button for 3 seconds on the first speaker until you hear a beep.
- Press and hold the Add button for 3 seconds on the second speaker until you hear a beep.
- The speakers will now be linked together.