How to Play Music on a Sony STRDN1080 AV Receiver
Your Sony STR-DN1080 system is capable of playing music using Bluetooth, USB, the built in radio turner, or internet radio and apps.
This guide will explain how to play or stream music with your AVR.
1 Input and Navigation
To select the input source from the AV receiver itself:
- Turn the input knob from the front side of the unit. The front layout of the unit may vary based on device model.
- The Display will show the currently selected input.
To select the input source using the remote control:
- Press the Up and Down input selection buttons or the Labeled buttons.
- Common navigation controls for your AV receiver:
- Setup - Displays setup menu screen
- Home - Displays home menu screen
- Arrows ▲/▼/►/◄ - Move the focus in the menu screen
Enter - Selects the focused menu / item
- Return - Returns to the previous menu or screen
Depending on your individual AV receiver's model, your remote's button layout may vary slightly from the images above.
To select the input source on your Television:
- Depending on what device you are electing to use with your AV receiver and how your equipment is connected, you may also need to adjust your Television's input settings as well. To adjust your television's input:
- Ensure the TV is powered on (1).
- Depending on your TV remote's button layout, press the button labeled AV, Input, or Source (2) on the remote to display the input selection menu.
- Use the Up and Down arrow buttons to highlight the desired input, then press the OK button to select said input.
- This process can be repeated at any time to switch to a different video input on your television. For example, switching from watching Cable television to a DVD player and then back again.
The images above are only a general guide on changing your television's input settings. Your television remote's button layout will vary depending on the manufacturer and model television being used.