How to Fix Roku App Not Finding Roku Device
If you do not see your Roku device on the discovery screen, the app cannot connect to your Roku device for some reason. This guide will provide some troubleshooting steps that may resolve this issue.
1 External Controls
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- This will bring up the Home screen.
- Scroll up or down and highlight Settings.
- Go right, then scroll up or down and highlight System.
- Go right, then scroll up or down and highlight Advanced system settings.
- Go right, then scroll up or down and highlight Control by mobile apps. On some devices this option may show up as External controls.
- Go right and highlight Network access.
- Make sure this option is set to Default and has a checkmark next to its name. This option can also be set to Permissive but it is typically used with an advanced network configuration.