How to Fix Issues with the PlayStation App
? Do you already have the Playstation app installed on your mobile device?
We're here to help!Connect to a Tech Pro
Call or chat with a Tech Pro 24/7.
To remove the Playstation app from iOS devices:
- From your main screen, locate the Playstation app.
- Lightly touch and hold the app until it jiggles or vibrates.
- Tap X in the upper-left corner of the app.
- Tap Delete.
In order for your Playstation 4 console to be able to see and communicate with your mobile device properly, it must be connected to your home network and configured properly.
|Your Playstation 4 can connect to your home network via Wi-Fi, or by being plugged directly into your router via Ethernet cable.|
- On your PS4, go to Settings, then PlayStation App Connection Settings.
- Select Add Device.
- The PS4 will then show a code on the TV screen. This code expires after 5 minutes.
- Open the App Store.
- Type in "Playstation" in the search bar.
- Find the Playstation app in the search results and tap on GET.
- Tap on Install to start download.
- On your mobile device, load the PlayStation App.
- Sign into the app with the same PlayStation Network account you signed into your PS4 with.
- After signing in, tap Connect to PS4 across the bottom of the app.
- Enter the number your PS4 should still be displaying from the previous step. Once this is complete, your PS4 and mobile device should be paired and ready to use.
- Open Play Store.
- Type "Playstation" in the search bar and select Playstation.
- Tap Install to start downloading the app.
- Once installed, tap Open to proceed to the setup.
If you will be connecting your PlayStation 4 to the internet via a wired connection, you can now connect an Ethernet cable between the LAN port on the rear of the PlayStation 4 and your router or modem.
To configure your PlayStation 4 to use this wired connection:
- From the PlayStation 4 main screen go up to the function area at the top, then go right to the Settings option.
- Then go down to Network.
- Make sure Connect to the Internet is checked then go to Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select Use a LAN Cable for the way you want to connect to the network.
- Choose Easy for how you want to setup the connection.
- At this point the Ethernet connection should be set up and you can back out or you can make sure the internet connection is established properly by pressing Test Internet Connection.
- If the Wi-Fi internet connection was set up successfully, the test results should look like this.
Clicking this button will open a new guide that will provide you with steps to resolve your issue.
To remove the Playstation app from Android devices:
- Go to Android Settings, then General, then Application Manager.
- Find the Playstation App and tap on it.
- Tap Uninstall.