Redwood City, CA, April 09, 2013 – Support.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPRT), a leading provider of cloud-based technology services and software designed to create new revenue streams and improve customer experience, today announced the release of Cosmos 3.0, the latest version of Support.com’s all-in-one system care application for Windows® PCs and Windows 8 tablets. Cosmos includes 24 system optimization and maintenance tools to keep Windows-based devices healthy, protected and free of clutter.
The expanded feature set in Cosmos 3.0 includes:
- A new Network Scanner Tool that automatically detects devices connected to the customer’s network and provides one-click access to the router, simplifying management of the home network.
- Expanded Baseline Security scans, covering more applications and additional Privacy Cleaner scans and automated fixes for enhanced security and privacy.
- User interface enhancements for ease of use, an enhanced customer experience and Windows 8 tablet devices.
Cosmos is designed for channel distribution including partner branding, tailored promotions and messaging, and flexible licensing models including perpetual and software subscription options. Cosmos is currently distributed by national communications providers and retailers as part of their premium technology services programs.
Cosmos is currently available on AOL® Lifestore® as AOL Computer Checkup®. In 2011, AOL launched Lifestore.com to offer consumers a variety of quality services geared toward improving their lives both online and off. “The partnership with Support.com has enabled AOL to expand the portfolio of value-added services we offer via Lifestore.com,” said Heather McIlhany, Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing at AOL. “The latest release of AOL Computer Checkup provides our customers with a comprehensive suite of tools to optimize and enhance their technology experience.”
“Cosmos, with its broad array of system optimization and maintenance tools, provides our partners a powerful tool for enhancing customer experience,” said Support.com CEO Josh Pickus. “The latest release of Cosmos recognizes the increasing importance of home networks and tablet devices in the lives of consumers.”
In addition to new features, Cosmos is designed to maintain and optimize the performance of Windows PCs and Windows 8 tablet devices. Cosmos includes modules that:
- Optimize: Cosmos’ comprehensive Health Scan identifies potential problems and provides automated fixes. Additional Cosmos modules scan for, identify and help remove large or duplicate files, as well as remove unnecessary programs from the startup process, to reduce system overhead.
- Protect: Cosmos provides tools to: shred sensitive files, remove traces of personal information from Internet browsers and instant messenger applications, and password protect files and folders for enhanced privacy.
- Detect and Repair: Cosmos scans and fixes common problems, including system registry errors. Cosmos also provides diagnostic information on system performance and connected network devices.
- Clean: Cosmos identifies and removes temporary files and Internet browser traces to maximize available disk space, and removes duplicate or orphaned entries from the system registry.
- Backup: Cosmos includes data backup and restore tools for protecting system and user files, and provides an undelete feature that can aid in the recovery of inadvertently removed files.
Support.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPRT) is a leading provider of cloud-based technology services and software. We help leading brands create new revenue streams and deepen customer loyalty through programs that enhance their customers’ technology experience. Our solution includes a comprehensive Service Delivery Platform, mobile and desktop apps, a scalable workforce of technology specialists and proven expertise in program design and execution. Our partners include many of the nation’s leading communications providers, retailers and technology companies. For more information, please visit us at: www.support.com.
Support.com, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit https://www.support.com/about/careers.
Copyright © 2013 Support.com, Inc. All rights reserved. Support.com and Cosmos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Support.com, Inc. in the United States and other countries. AOL, Lifestore and Computer Checkup are trademarks or registered trademarks of AOL Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Statement
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined under the U.S. Federal Securities Laws, including the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is subject to the safe harbors created by such laws. Forward-looking statements may relate to, but are not limited to, market and consumer activity, supported devices, the features available in, and the potential benefits to be derived from products and solutions, and the release dates, plans and market acceptance of such products and solutions. Such forward-looking statements are based on current expectations that involve a number of uncertainties and risks that may cause actual events or results to differ materially including, among others, Support.com’s ability to predict revenue and control expenses, shifts in customer demand, shifts in strategic relationships, delays in Support.com’s ability to deliver its products and services, software errors, or announcements by competitors. These and other risks may be detailed from time to time in Support.com periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, its latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and its latest Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, copies of which may be obtained from www.sec.gov. Support.com is under no obligation to update its forward-looking statements. Information contained in our website is not incorporated by reference in, or made part of this press release.
Martin Levy Public Relations, Inc.