Prime Video 5055 & 1055 Error Fix for Amazon Fire TV
The Amazon Fire TV devices allow you to enjoy live TV, streaming content, online games and apps right from your TV screen. At times you may get error messages while trying to watch online videos. If you receive Error 5505 or 1055 when attempting to stream Prime Video content on your Fire TV, you will need to ensure your country settings are updated to the country you are streaming content from. This guide will show you how to accomplish this.
1 Update Location Settings
- Open a web browser of your choice on any device and go to www.amazon.com/mycd.
- You will be asked to Sign in to your Amazon account. Type in the email or phone number associated to your Amazon account and click or tap Continue.
- Then type in your Amazon account password and click or tap Sign in.
- Once logged in, go to Settings, then to Country/Region Settings to expand that section and click or tap Change.
- Fill in your name, location and phone number then click or tap Update. Your country of residence has to be supported for this fix to work.
- To complete this process, you need to switch to your Fire TV and deregister then reregister your account. After that, It make take up to an hour for the changes to take effect.
2 Amazon Account
- Using your remote, from the main Fire TV menu go to Settings.
- Then go to My Account. Fire TVs come pre-registered with the account they were purchased under and this should show up under Amazon Account.
- If you wish to register with another account, select Amazon Account from the screen then select Deregister. You will be asked to confirm your choice. Select Deregister again.
De-registering a Fire TV device removes all content associated with the respective Amazon Account.
- Once de-registered, you can re-register your Fire TV with any Amazon Account you choose by selecting Register.
- Type in the email address associated to the Amazon Account then select Next.
- Then type in the password for your Amazon Account and select Sign In.
- Your Fire TV will be registered with the chosen Amazon Account.