How to Use Apps on a Xbox 360
? What would you like help with?
We're here to help!Connect to a Tech Pro
Call or chat with a Tech Pro 24/7.
Installing an app.
- Go to apps.
- Select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the app you are want then select it.
- Select Download on the overview page.
- Select Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
- Wait for your app to finish downloading.
- To start your app, go to Apps, then My Apps, then select the app you just downloaded.
- Your new app should now be available.
Opening an app
- To open an app, first go to apps on the home page.
- Select My Apps.
- From the My Apps section, launch any app by pressing on A with your controller.
Pinning places a shortcut to the application or game within the My Pins folder
- Go to the Games or Apps section and press X on an item that you wish to pin.
- Select Pin to Home.
- Exit back to the home screen and open My Pins.
- You should see the collection of shortcuts of your pinned items.
To uninstall apps or games:
- Open the Settings menu then select System.
- Open Storage.
- Select the hard drive that the app or game is installed on.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Scroll up and down to choose. Select the app or game that you wish to remove.
- App data or game files will be shown. Scroll down until you see the item that has an "Installed Xbox 360 App/Game" description.
- Press A to open the operational commands, select Delete, then confirm.
- The App or Game is now deleted.