How to Use Apps on a Nintendo Switch
? What would you like help with?
We're here to help!Connect to a Tech Pro
Call or chat with a Tech Pro 24/7.
- Open the Nintendo eShop.
- Select the Account you want to use.
- Search for or navigate to the game or app you wish to purchase. If you have already purchased the game or app, you can simply redownload it again.
- Select Proceed to Purchase.
- Select Confirm Purchase or Add Funds and Purchase.
- The game will download if you have enough funds.
- Insert the game card if needed.
- Tap on the game icon or select it.
- Press the A button to Start.
- Select System Settings.
- Scroll down to Data Management.
- Select Manage Software.
- Select the Game you want to delete or archive.
- Choose to delete or archive the game. Deleting removes all data including game saves. Archiving deletes the game but keeps the game saves in case you want to download the game again.
Your console needs to be connected to the internet.
- Select the Icon of the game or app you want to update.
- Press the + or - buttons.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Via the Internet.