How to Use an Ilumi Smart Home Automation Device
- How to use the ilumi smart bulbs.
- Your ilumi smart bulbs to be already set up.
Controlling Groups of Lights
- Launch the ilumi app on your mobile device.
- From the Dashboard, tap the power symbol to the right of each group to switch all the lights on or off within the respective group.
- Tap Turn All On or Turn All Off at the bottom to switch all the light groups on or off.
- You can swipe a group to the left or right for more quick options.
- If you swipe left, you can select a recently used color for all the lights within that group.
- If you swipe right, you can adjust the brightness with the left and right arrows for all the lights within that group.
Advanced Options Within Groups of Lights
- For more advanced options tap the name of a group.
- Inside the group, the app will start off on the Bulbs tab, which displays all available bulbs within that grouping. From here, you can control individual lights, or the entire group similarly to how they were controlled on the Dashboard:
- Switch the entire group on or off from the bottom of the screen.
- Switch lights on or off individually with the power symbols next to them.
- Swipe an individual light left or right for more quick options.
- Tap an individual light name to get more advanced options.
- Swipe left or right to switch tabs. This will provide additional options for the group you're working in.
- On the Colors tab, you can tap the color picker area or touch and drag the color swatch on the color picker area to select a color you prefer for the group of lights.
- Within the central control diamond you can also adjust:
- The color brightness with the up and down arrows
- As well as the color saturation with the left and right arrows.
- At the bottom of the screen you can tap:
- Add to Favorites if you want to reuse the selected color for the group with a single tap at a later time
- Or Set Default to save the selected color for the group as what the lights revert to when the main power switch is used to turn the lights off and back on.
- On the Whites tab, you can tap the white color temperature you prefer then adjust the brightness level with the left and right arrows. Similarly to the Colors tab, you can also add the selected preference to your favorites or set it as a default.
- On the Effects tab, you can select pre-programmed effects you'd like to give to your lights. Effects will vary depending on your selection and can make your lights change colors instantly, fade from one to another, flash, or switch on or off sequentially. Similarly to the Whites tab, you can also adjust the brightness level for each selection.
- On the Presets tab, you can select from additional pre-programmed settings for a group of lights. Similarly to the Colors and Whites tabs you can also add the selected preset to your favorites or set it as a default.
- On the Schedule tab you can set lighting customizations to take effect automatically at a desired time. Tap + Schedule at the bottom to start automating your lights.
- You can choose to schedule:
- Suggested daily routines
- Simple turn on or off routines
- Lighting atmospheres
- Suggested daily routines
- Once you've selected the type of automation you want to schedule, simply follow the on-screen guide to customize it.
- For even more control options you can swipe left or right through the the tabs at the top of the main screen.
- On the Favorites tab you can find your favorite lighting color settings added from the group or individual lights customization screens.
- On the Experiences tab you can find even more cool features such as syncing your lights with the music you're playing on your mobile device, and others.
Show Me How
Clicking this button will open a new guide that will provide you with steps to resolve your issue.