How to Use a Sonos PLAY:3 Wireless Speaker
Sonos is a home sound system of Wi-Fi connected speakers, that lets you listen to anything you want, wherever you want.
PLAY:3 is the mid-size speaker with stereo sound from Sonos, and their most versatile player.
1 How It Works
To control what you want to listen to on the Sonos sound system you need to use the Sonos Controller app for computers or mobile devices. The Sonos Controller app comes with the preconfigured TuneIn Radio service. Besides that, you can:
- Add other Music Services that let you listen to radio stations, podcasts and on-demand music.
- Play music that you have on a mobile device or create a music library with songs that you have on your computers or networked storage.
- Use an existing sound system with the wireless Sonos speakers or connect existing wired speakers to the Sonos sound system.
- Choose to listen to different songs in separate rooms, listen to a song in one room, multiple rooms or every room.
All the apps use the same concept but look slightly different depending on which device you're using. Looking at the interface of the Sonos Controller app for computers will help you understand much easier the concept behind how it all works as it shows an overall view of the entire system whereas the one for mobile devices shows less due to screen size limitations.
The Sonos Controller app for computers is split up into the following areas:
- Speaker (room) selection
- Source browser and search
- Now playing
- Song queue