How to Update an Amazon Fire TV
Software updates automatically download and install to your Amazon Fire TV when it's connected to the Internet. You can also manually check and install software updates.
What you need before you start:
- The Fire TV should be connected to a reliable Internet connection.
The following steps are applicable to all Fire TV devices.
- From the Fire TV menu, select Settings > Device > About.
- If you don't see a "Device" option, look for System and select that instead.
- Select Check for System Update to see if a software update is available for your device.
- If an update is available, it will start downloading automatically. After the download is complete, select Install System Update to install the update immediately. Otherwise, the update will install automatically the next time you restart your Fire TV, or after your device has been idle for more than 30 minutes.
Was this content helpful?YesNo