How to Set Up Parental Controls Samsung Smart TV
- What parental control options are available on your Smart TV.
- The limitations of your Smart TV's parental control options.
- About different TV & Film ratings that can be used to restrict viewing options.
- How to implement parental restrictions on your Smart TV.
1 Parental Controls
Parental Controls are features available on Samsung Smart TVs, that help parents reduce the risk of their children encountering unwanted or inappropriate content for their age or maturity level while watching TV or using internet apps.
Using Parental Controls is only an extra step in helping parents protect their children. Active, engaged parenting is essential in helping children develop good habits. Working with the children, talking to them and encouraging responsible behaviour is critical.
Smart TVs have become a point of convergence for all media and content sources, which allow us to enjoy all the entertainment from a single place. When it comes to configuring Parental Controls, it is important to understand the strengths and limitations that Samsung Smart TV features provide:
- They provide Parental Controls for traditional live TV channels, such as antenna or cable, and internet apps, such as browsers or streaming services. Certain apps may provide their own additional Parental Controls that can vary from one app to another and must be configured separately.
- They do not provide Parental Controls for other external sources such as: cable boxes, satellite receivers, gaming consoles, DVD, Blu-ray and other media players. If any of those devices provide such features, they will vary from one device to another and must be configured separately.
2 Change PIN
- Press the Home button on the remote control.
- Go to Settings on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select General from the settings menu.
- Then go to System Manager.
- Select the Change PIN option.
- You'll be asked to enter the current PIN first. After that, you'll be asked to enter a new PIN, then to confirm the new PIN.
The default PIN is 0000.