How to Set Up Lifx Smart Lights
- Install the Lifx App to control your Lifx Smart Lights
- Have your Smartphone or Tablet at hand
- Have the Lifx app installed on your device
For Lifx Bulbs
- Turn off the lamp or switch where you're installing your Lifx bulb.
- Remove your previous bulb.
- Screw in your Lifx bulb.
- Turn on your light switch.
For Lifx Plug-In Lighting
- Connect the Controller to the Plug.
- Connect the light strip, tile, or beam to the Controller.
- Plug in the Plug to your wall socket.
- Open Lifx.
- Select Register.
- Lifx will let you know you can now control Lifx Tile and Beam products from the Lifx app. Select the arrow in the bottom-right corner to continue.
- Lifx will alert you to any new features the app has gotten recently. Select the check mark in the bottom-right corner to continue.
- Lifx will explain that it needs further permissions to setup your lights. Select OK.
- Lifx will then request the location permission. Select Allow.
- Lifx will then begin scanning for your lights immediately.
- Once found, follow the instructions in the app to complete setting up your Lifx bulb.
- Open Lifx.
- Select the light you'd like to work with.
- Turn on and off the light using the power switch in the center bottom.
- Adjust the color, or color temperature of your light using the ring around the outside.
- Adjust the brightness using the slider in the center.
We have a guide to walk you through setting up the Lifx app on your smartphone or tablet.
Show Me How
Clicking this button will open a new guide that will provide you with steps to resolve your issue.