How to Set Up an eero Mesh WiFi Network
Tools You'll Need:
- A mobile device such as an Android phone or an iPad.
- Your Modem.
- An Ethernet cable.
Before You Begin:
Eero systems can come bundled with different setups. You can purchase just the Eero Pro Router, or purchase a bundle that comes with Beacons. You can also purchase a bundle of multiple Pro Routers.
While the Pro Routers have Ethernet ports, the Beacons only handle Wi-Fi. A Pro Router is required for Beacons to work.
1 Connect Your Eero up to Your Modem
Unplug Your Modem
- Unplug your modem.
Connect Your Eero to Power
Please ensure that you are using the power adapter that came with your Eero.
- Locate the power cable and connect it to a power source like an outlet or surge protector.
- Plug the other end of the power cable to the Eero's power input in the back.
- Your Eero should power on.
Connect Your Eero to the ModemYour Eero must be connected to a modem in order to provide the local network with an Internet connection.
- Acquire an Ethernet cable.
- Take one end of the cable and plug it into the Internet (or WAN) port on the rear of your Eero.
- Take one end of the cable and plug it into an available Ethernet (or LAN) port on the rear of your modem. These ports are typically yellow.
- Wait for the Eero's LED to blink blue.
2 Add Your Eero to the Eero Home App
- With the blue light blinking on your Eero, go back to your Eero app. Tap Next.
- The app will search for your Eero. Tap Next.
- Pick the room your Eero is located in.
- Your Eero has been read and connected. Tap Next.
- Next we'll create your network. Type in the name of your network and your password. Tap Next.
- Success! Your network is setup! Tap Next.
- Select No, I'm all set because you're done!
Was this content helpful?YesNo