How to Set Up a Xbox 360
Tools You'll Need:
- An Xbox 360
- A television or monitor
- A working internet connection if you want to connect your console to internet
1 Unbox / Placement
First, make sure you have all the pieces you need to setup properly.
Next, choose a good place for your console.
- Stable and Safe
- Make sure your Xbox 360 won't tip over or have drinks spilled on it by accident.
- The Xbox 360 gets quite warm while being played. This is normal, but if the console is buried under other things, it will overheat.
2 Connect Power
- Connect the power supply to the console.
- Connect the power cord to the power supply.
- Plug the power cable into the wall outlet.
3 Connect TV
Most modern TVs have HDMI ports, making the connection extremely easy.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the back of your console.
- Connect the other end of your HDMI cable to your TV or receiver.
- Connect the composite adapter cable to the back of your console.
- Connect the composite cables to your TV.
- The video connection cable is Yellow, the connection on your TV is Yellow or Green.
- The right audio is Red, the same as the back of your TV, but make sure it's labeled Audio.
- The left audio is White, the same as the back of your TV.
Start Up Console
- Push the Power Button on the front of your console to turn it on.
- The ring around the power button should turn green, and you should see the XBox 360 startup on your TV.