How to Set Up a TCL Smart TV
1 What's in the Box
In the box you should find the following items:
- The TV itself
- Stands and screws
- Power cable
- Remote control and batteries
- Quick start guide
Depending on the model of the TV and where you live, you may also find additional items or accessories.
2 Install TV
- Install the stands on the TV then place the TV in your preferred location.
- If you want to mount the TV on the wall, only purchase recommended brackets and have a professional install it.
- Insert the batteries in the remote control with their terminals corresponding to the polarity indicators.
3 Identify Components
The positioning of the indicators and connectors depends on the model of the TV.
- On the front of the TV you should find the Status Light and IR Receiver
- And on the back of the TV you should find the Connection Ports
4 Connect Cables
Only connect the power cable after all the other connections have been made. For the basic setup you'll need to connect the TV to an Antenna or paid Cable TV service with a coaxial cable. If you have to connect the TV to other devices, refer to those devices' documentation and further to the TVs manual to learn what cables you need and where they plug in.
5 First Time Setup
The first time you turn the TV on it will show the Guided Setup. To perform the setup and navigate the menu afterward you'll need to use the remote control.
- Turn the TV on from the remote control.
- Select your preferred language.
- Select your country of residence if you see this screen.
- Set the TV up for Home Use.
- To take advantage of the smart features of the TV you have to be connected to the Internet. If you already connected an Ethernet cable between the TV and router go ahead and highlight Wired and select Connect to wired network which will setup the connection automatically. If you want to go Wireless then go to the right and select Set up new wireless connection. If you want to skip this step, select Connect to the Internet later.
- If you opted for Wireless then go ahead and choose your network from the list.
- If the network you selected shows a locked padlock next to its name then it will require a password to connect to it. Go ahead and type it in and select Connect.
- If the TV can't get the time zone on it's own, then select it yourself. As soon as the TV is connected to the internet, it downloads and installs its first software update and then restarts.
- After restart you'll have to activate the TV. You'll be provided a link and an activation code.
- Using a computer or mobile device, to go to the provided link then enter the provided code and press Submit.
- You'll have to link the TV with an account to be able to complete the activation. Follow the on screen instructions on the computer or mobile device to either login to an existing Roku account or to create a new one.
- Back on the TV screen, if you connected any additional devices to the TV you can set them up at this point. Press OK on Let's connect your devices.
- Proceed with Everything is plugged in and turned on.
- The guide will ask you what device is connected to each of the TVs ports. Select the type of device from the provided list or Nothing if you're not using that port. You'll have to do this for each port separately.
- At this point you should be done with the Guided Setup. Press OK to finish.
Was this content helpful?YesNo