How to Set Up a Panasonic Smart TV
1 What's in the Box
In the box you should find the following items:
- The TV itself
- Pedestal(s) and screws
- Power cable
- Remote control and batteries
- Owner's manual
- Quick start guide
- Product registration and/or warranty card
Depending on the model of the TV and where you live, you may also find additional items or accessories.
2 Install TV
- Install the pedestals on the TV. They come in different shapes and sizes, one piece or pairs. Then place the TV in your preferred location.
- If you want to mount the TV on the wall, only purchase recommended brackets and have a professional install it.
- Insert the batteries in the remote control with their terminals corresponding to the polarity indicators.
3 Identify Components
The positioning, color or shape of the control buttons, indicators and connectors depends on the model of the TV.
- On the front of the TV you should find the indicators and remote control sensor:
- And on the back of the TV you should find the control buttons and connection panels:
4 Connect Cables
Only connect the power cable after all the other connections have been made. For the basic setup you'll need to connect the TV to an Antenna or paid Cable TV service with a coaxial cable. If you have to connect the TV to other devices, refer to those devices' documentation and further to the TVs manual to learn what cables you need and where they plug in.
5 First Time Setup
The first time you turn the TV on it will show the first time setup. To perform the setup and navigate the menu afterward you'll need to use the remote control. Depending on the remote controls' model the button layout may look different but the functionality of the buttons is the same.
- Turn the TV on by pressing the power button on the back of the TV or on the remote.
- Select your language.
- Select your country.
- Select your viewing mode. Make sure you select Home Use.
- To take advantage of the smart features of the TV you have to be connected to the internet. If you already connected an Ethernet cable between the TV and router go ahead and select Quick Setup. The wired connection will be configured automatically. Otherwise it will take you to the Wi-Fi connection setup.
- Wait for the Wi-Fi network list to populate and select your Wi-Fi network from it.
- If the connection requires a Wi-Fi password, go ahead and type it in.
- Once the Internet is connected you can select Next. You can also select Status details if you want to know more about the connection or select Try again if the connection fails.
- Next you'll have to configure the TV signal. If you want to use a set-top box select Yes otherwise No.
- Choose whether you are using an Antenna or Cable TV service.
- Choose whether you want to scan for channels or not. This may take an extended time to complete.
- If you chose to scan for channels then wait for the process to complete.
- Set the clock mode then select Next to continue. If it's set to Auto then it will use the internet connection to adjust the time according to your time zone and daylight saving time.
- The setup is now complete and you can enjoy the entertainment on your Panasonic Smart TV.
Was this content helpful?YesNo