How to Set Up a LG SJ4Y Soundbar
This guide will walk you through the basic setup of your LG SJ4Y soundbar.
1 Initial Setup
- Place your soundbar centered under your television, and the subwoofer nearby (it does not need to be centered).
- Connect the power cable to the subwoofer.
- Connect the power cable to the soundbar.
- Install the batteries into your soundbar's remote.
Your soundbar can make a connection to your television in 4 different ways.
- Optical connection
- Optical works for most televisions and is the most common, and best supported way to make the connection to your soundbar.
- HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- HDMI ARC is not used frequently, but allows you to pass audio over an HDMI cable to your soundbar.
- HDMI Pass-Thru
- HDMI pass-thru allows you to enjoy your soundbar with only one device, such as your cable box, or your Blu-Ray player, but only the one device.
- LG Wireless Sound Sync
- This is specific to higher-end LG televisions only.