How to Register and Deregister an Amazon Fire TV
The Amazon Fire TV devices allow you to enjoy live TV, streaming content, online games and apps right from your TV screen. Your device needs to be registered with and Amazon Account to access and manage your content and to make sure you have access to the latest software, features, and functionality that power Amazon Fire TV. This guide will show you how to register and deregister your Fire TV.
1 Amazon Account
- Using your remote, from the main Fire TV menu go to Settings.
- Then go to My Account. Fire TVs come pre-registered with the account they were purchased under and this should show up under Amazon Account.
- If you wish to register with another account, select Amazon Account from the screen then select Deregister. You will be asked to confirm your choice. Select Deregister again.
De-registering a Fire TV device removes all content associated with the respective Amazon Account.
- Once de-registered, you can re-register your Fire TV with any Amazon Account you choose by selecting Register.
- Type in the email address associated to the Amazon Account then select Next.
- Then type in the password for your Amazon Account and select Sign In.
- Your Fire TV will be registered with the chosen Amazon Account.
Was this content helpful?YesNo