How to Play ALAC Files on WD MyCloud with Sonos
Sonos is a home sound system of Wi-Fi connected speakers, that lets you listen to anything you want, wherever you want.
Both Sonos and Western Digital have released updates to their hardware, allowing you to connect your Sonos devices to your WD MyCloud Home.
This guide will explain about to connect your MyCloud drive to your Sonos devices.
1 Perform Update
On iOS or Android:
- Launch the Sonos Controller app from your Home screen.
- In the lower right-hand corner of the app, select More.
- Then, select Settings.
- Then, select Online Updates.
- Your Sonos Controller app will then begin searching for available updates.
- The result will be shown on-screen. If updates are available, you will be given the option to install. Select Let's Do This to begin installation. If no updates are available, your Sonos system is already up-to-date.
Sonos Controller for Mac or PC:
- From the Sonos menu (Mac), or Manage menu (PC), click Check for Updates.
- On a Mac, the Sonos menu can be found in the toolbar in the top left corner of the screen.
- On a PC, the Manage menu is found at the top left of the Sonos application.
2 Add WD MyCloud Home to Sonos
- Open up the menu from the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Add Music Services.
If you're using the Sonos Controller for computers, you can find the same option in the source browser on the right side of the screen.
- Search for the music service you want to add and tap on it.
- Tap on Add Account.
- Sign In with your My Cloud Home account.
- Tap Authorize.
- Enter your account information and tap Log In.
- Tap the green check.
- Setup is now complete.
Was this content helpful?YesNo