How to Perform a System Refresh Comcast X1 DVR
- Perform a system refresh for your Comcast X1 DVR
- Be near your DVR
1 System Refresh
System Refresh is a multi-check, self-help tool that can fix common account and TV Box issues.
Performing a System Refresh will interrupt all X1 TV Boxes and recordings in your home for up to 10 minutes. However, the tool will not delete any preferences, settings or recordings.
- Press the A button on your remote control.
- Select the System Refresh tile, and press OK on your remote.
- Select Refresh Now, and press OK on your remote.
- Once the System Refresh is in progress, don't unplug or turn off any of your TV Boxes, which will automatically restart during this process.
- The X1 Welcome screen will appear after the TV Box restarts.
- Once the System Refresh has been completed, your TV Box will return to live TV.
- The System Refresh feature can only be used once within a 24-hour period.
Was this content helpful?YesNo