How to Pair Bluetooth Devices to a SkyStream One
This guide will walk you through connecting a Bluetooth accessory to your SkyStream One.
1 Range Check
The device needs to be within a reasonable range in order to connect.
- In general, to pair and use a Bluetooth device (like a speaker, headset or smartwatch), the device needs to be within 10 feet of your computer or other device.
- Some medium and higher-power devices can be farther, up to about 30 feet, but this tends to be for larger devices that plug in or have very large batteries, such as another computer, media streaming device, or a plug-in speaker system.
Try moving the Bluetooth device closer if you have trouble.
2 Pair Bluetooth Device
|Some Bluetooth accessories are configured with a PIN or a passkey that is often listed in its manual. Check your Bluetooth accessory manual for the correct PIN or passkey.|
- Click on Settings.
- Under Remote & accessories, click on Add accessory.
- If Bluetooth is not on, click the toggle to enable Bluetooth.
- Place your Bluetooth accessory in Pairing Mode.
This process will vary depending on what kind of device you have. Refer to your device's documentation for specifics on how to accomplish this.
- Once your Bluetooth accessory appears in the list, click on it. If prompted for a PIN, please enter that in.