How to Install the SmartThings App
The SmartThings Hub lets you connect wirelessly to a wide range of smart devices.
This guide will help you install the app for your SmartThings Hub.
- From the main screen, open the App Store.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on Search.
- Type SmartThings on the search bar at the top.
- Tap Search to start the search.
- Tap the App to see its download options.
- Next, tap the GET button.
- Tap OPEN once the app is installed.
- Open the SmartThings app.
- Tap New to SmartThings.
- Tap Create account.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your password (at least eight characters containing at least one number and one letter).
- Confirm your password.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your ZIP code and date of birth.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Done.
- Select your country.
- Tap Continue.
- Launch the Play Store
- Search for SmartThings using the search box located at the top
- Touch the magnifying glass on the on-screen keyboard to search.
- On the app's install page, touch INSTALL.
- Review the install prompt that pops up. Once done, touch ACCEPT.
- Wait for the download to finish. Once done, touch OPEN to launch the app or go back to your apps to access the new app's icon.