How to Fix Video Issues on a Panasonic Smart TV
? What video issue are you having?
We're here to help!Connect to a Tech Pro
Call or chat with a Tech Pro 24/7.
Your Smart TV has a 16:9 aspect ratio; some older programming was created in a 4:3 aspect ratio, and many movies have a 21:9 aspect ratio. This will cause black bars to appear on the top and bottom, or left and right. You can zoom, stretch, or restore these with the Format button, as well.
- Push the Format button on your TV remote. You can push this a couple times to cycle through the options quickly.
- Some televisions may require you to tap the HOME or Menu buttons.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Picture.
- Select Picture Size Settings.
- You can adjust the size to your liking.
- Push the Menu button on your TV Remote.
- Select Picture using the up and down keys, then push the center OK button.
- From here, you can adjust the Color, Tint, Brightness, and Contrast of your TV's picture. There are also presets, usually at the top, to make these selections easy.
Sometimes, it's not a problem with your TV, but rather with the device sending pictures and sounds to your TV.
- Try testing another device, first. For example, if you're watching cable, try switching to DVD or Blu-Ray, and play something there. If that works, it's most likely not a problem with your TV, but rather the device that's sending the programming your TV is showing.
- Try turning your cable, DVD, or Blu-Ray player off, waiting a few moments, then turning it back on, and try again.
- If one device works fine (say, your DVD or Blu-Ray player), but another does not (say, your cable box), it would be best to contact the provider of the device that isn't working.
- Turn it off by pressing the Power button on the unit itself or on the remote.
- Then unplug it from the power outlet.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Plug it back in then turn the TV back on from the Power button.