How to Fix Update Issues on a Chromecast
The Chromecast device will update automatically as long as it is powered on and has an internet connection.
Here's what to expect while Chromecast is updating its firmware:
- You will be able to see the progress of the update on the Google Home App.
- Update status is also visible on the TV.
- You can check the LED on the side of the Chromecast to determine if it is still receiving the update.
- The update usually takes 10 minutes to be completed. If necessary, you can reboot your Chromecast device by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back after a minute and update will restart automatically.
- Chromecast won't be available to cast while performing the update. Please wait until the update is complete before trying to cast.