How to Fix Firmware Update Issues Norton Core Router
Updates are taken care of automatically on the Norton Core Router. As long as the router is properly connected to the internet, the device will take care of the rest.
This guide will take you though steps to troubleshoot firmware update issues.
1 Power cycle your Home Network
To Power Cycle Your Modem and Router:
- Remove the power cable from both your modem and router.
- Verify all lights are off on the modem and router.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug in the power to your modem only.
- Wait for the Online light to turn on stop flashing on your modem.
This can take up to three minutes.
- Plug in the power to your router.
- Wait for the Online light to turn on stop flashing on your router.
This can take five minutes or more.