How to Fix Basic Issues with a SmartThings Hub
? What issue are you experiencing?
We're here to help!Connect to a Tech Pro
Call or chat with a Tech Pro 24/7.
- Press and release the red button on the back of the Hub.
- The LED will turn red, then go dark.
- When the Hub is back online the LED will turn green.
- Check the Ethernet cable between your Hub and router.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is firmly connected to both ports.
- On your Hub:
- On your Router:
- There is a small LED next to the Ethernet port on your Hub. Check it and make sure it is green.
- If it is not green there is a problem with the connection. This could either be due to a faulty cable, router issues, or your ISP may be down.
- If the light is not green, go ahead and reboot your router. When the router has finished rebooting, check for the green LED again.
Dead Hubs are not common. If your SmartThings Hub will not power on there could be an issue with the power outlet.
- Make sure your adapter is plugged in and seated properly.
- Check that the adapter is plugged into a working power outlet.
- If your device still does not power on, you're encountering faulty hardware and should refer to the manufacturer.
- Unplug the Hub and remove the back panel.
- Test or replace the batteries.
- Make sure they are seated properly.