How to Factory Reset a TP-Link RE580D WiFi Repeater
- How to reset your TP-Link Range Extender to its factory default settings.
- How to set your TP-Link Range Extender back up again if you need help.
- A pin, straightened paperclip, or other similar tool.
1 Factory Reset
Resetting your range extender back to factory defaults will erase all saved settings and preferences. It will need to be set back up again once this process has completed.
- Make sure the range extender is plugged into a power outlet.
- The power light should be on and not blinking.
- If the power light is not on, press the power button on the rear to turn the device on or the LED button to turn the indicator lights on.
- Locate the pinhole on the rear where the reset button is.
- Insert a pin then press and hold the reset button until all indicator lights turn on momentarily.
- The range extender should now be reset to factory default settings.