How to Factory Reset a Linksys RE9000 WiFi Repeater
- Restore the default settings of your range extender.
- You may need your range extender's current Wi-Fi network credentials.
- Keep in mind that performing a factory reset will result in any devices connected to it going offline until it is fully reconfigured.
1 Factory Reset
There are multiple ways that you can perform a factory reset to your range extender:
- On the device
- On a computer or mobile device with a web browser
Performing a factory reset will restore all device settings to the defaults. Any devices connected to the range extender will loose connectivity until it is reconfigured and all devices are reconnected.
On Your Range Extender
- Locate the reset button on the back of the range extender.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds, then let go.
- Your range extender will begin to reboot and will perform a full factory reset.
Using a Web Browser
- Connect to your range extender's Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser of your choice on the device you're using.
- Navigate to one of the following addresses:
- If you know the IP address assigned to your range extender you can enter that instead.
This is an example IP address and may not match the address your range extender is using.
- Enter the password when requested.
The default password is "admin".
- Under the Administration section, click on Factory Defaults.
- Click the Restore Factory Defaults button.
- Press OK.