How to Eject a Stuck Disc from a Mac
1 Eject Disc
There are several methods that you can try to eject a disc from a Mac:
Press the Eject Button
- Press the Eject button on the keyboard.
Click the Eject Icon
- Click on the Eject symbol on the menu bar at the top, then select the name of the disc drive.
Drag and Drop to Eject
- Click and drag the disc drive icon from the desktop into the trash bin.
Eject from Context Menu
- Hold down the Control button on your keyboard and click the disc drive icon on the desktop.
- Select Eject from the context menu.
Eject from Finder
- Launch Finder.
- Locate the disc drive under Devices in the left pane and click the Eject symbol next to its name.
2 Restart Eject
If you're unable to successfully eject the disc from your Mac using any of the regular methods, you can try ejecting it while restarting your computer:
Any unsaved work will be lost. Please save any documents you are working on before shutting down your computer.
- From the menu bar across the top of the screen, select the Apple menu, then select Restart....
- Press and hold the mouse button while the computer is restarting and disc should pop out from the drive.
- If you have a trackpad instead of a mouse, press it and hold while the computer is restarting and disc should pop out from the drive.
Was this content helpful?YesNo