How to Connect a Device to a Wired Network
- Connect an Ethernet cable between your device and your Router / Gateway.
To Power Cycle Your Modem and Router:
- Remove the power cable from both your modem and router.
- Verify all lights are off on the modem and router.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug in the power to your modem only.
- Wait for the Online light to turn on stop flashing on your modem.
This can take up to three minutes.
- Plug in the power to your router.
- Wait for the Online light to turn on stop flashing on your router.
This can take five minutes or more.
If you haven't already, please try power cycling the device you're working with.
- Turn off your device.
- Wait ten seconds.
- Turn your device on again.
Verify that the Ethernet cable is securely plugged into both your device and the router / gateway. If you have another Ethernet cable laying around, try plugging in a different Ethernet cable.
A lot of routers and devices have a LED light where the cable plugs in to indicate there is a connection.