How to Check Firmware Version of Chromecast
Your Chromecast does its best to keep itself up-to-date with the latest firmware automatically. It can be helpful to know what version of the firmware its running through.
This guide will walk you through locating the firmware version number for your Chromecast.
1 Check Firmware Version
- Make sure your Chromecast is turned on and displaying a background on your television.
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Select the menu in the top-left corner.
- Select Devices.
- Locate your Chromecast in the list, then select the 3-dot menu on the right for that Chromecast.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of settings. In the last block of information, your current firmware version is listed as "Cast firmware version".
Was this content helpful?YesNo