How to Check Connection on Chromecast
It is sometimes helpful to check what network your Chromecast is connected to, especially when you have multiple home networks thanks to today's higher-end routers.
This guide will show you a couple ways to see what network your Chromecast is connected to, as well as the address it is using.
1 Network Status Check
To check Network status at startup:When your Chromecast first starts up, the Network Name is displayed for a moment on-screen.
- Disconnect, then reconnect the USB power cable from the side of your Chromecast.
- In the corner, you will see the name of your Chromecast device, as well as the Wi-Fi network it has connected to.
To check Network status from the Google Home app:
- Launch Google Home.
- Select Devices in the top-right corner.
- Select the 3-dot menu for the Chromecast itself.
- Select Settings.
- Near the top, you'll see the name of your Chromecast, and just below you'll see which Wi-Fi network it's connected to.
- Scroll to the bottom, and you'll see the MAC (Media Access Control) address and IP (Internet Protocol) addresses of your Chromecast.
Was this content helpful?YesNo