How to Change DNS Settings on an Xbox 360
This guided path shows how to configure the DNS settings on your Xbox 360.
Incorrectly configured network settings can negatively impact your console's performance. We recommend that only network specialists follow these steps, and only in cases where your network requires manual configuration to connect to the Internet.
Your Xbox 360 should be connected to the Internet before we start.
1 Configure DNS
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select System.
- Scroll down to Network Settings.
- Select your Network.
- Select Configure Network.
- Under Basic Settings select DNS Settings.
- Change DNS Settings from Automatic to Manual.
- Type in your Primary and Secondary DNS Servers.
- Test your Connection.