How to Change DNS Settings on an Element Smart TV
Your Element Smart TV has a simple, intuitive interface with built-in ability to stream content over the internet. There may come a time when you need change your TV's DNS server settings to increase the quality of the internet connection, or as part of a troubleshooting step. This guide will walk you through the process of making changes to your TV's DNS server settings.
1 Change DNS Settings
Depending on the exact model of Element Smart TV you are working with, the exact wording within this guide may appear differently on your screen.
- On your remote control, press MENU to display the main interface.
- Use your remote's arrow buttons to highlight TV SETTINGS, and press OK to confirm. Then, use the arrow buttons to select NETWORK and press OK to confirm.
- Select IP Address. Write down the following information:
- The current IP Address. (i.e. 192.168.0.15).
- The current Default Gateway. This should only be slightly different than the IP address. (i.e. 192.168.0.1)
- Select Lan and use the left and right arrows to select Manual Get IP. Select OK.
- Fill in the following information:
- For IP Address: Enter the IP Address you recorded earlier. (i.e. 192.168.0.15)
- For Default Gateway: Enter the Default Gateway you recorded earlier. (i.e. 192.168.0.1)
- For Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- For DNS Server: This field can be changed to the desired DNS address settings you wish to use.
Was this content helpful?YesNo