"2618-0501" Error Code Fix for Nintendo Switch
You may encounter a 2618-0501 or a 2618-0502 error while trying to connect to an online match. This error code indicates you were disconnected from the service prior to the matchmaking process starting.
This guide will assist you in resolving this error.
1 Wireless Distance and Interference
Try to decrease the distance between your router and the Nintendo Switch console.
Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the router. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:
- Behind a TV
- Near an aquarium
- Placed in or under a metal object
- Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords
- Within three to four feet of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.
Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:
- Laptops, tablets, etc.
- Wireless headsets
- Wireless printers
- Wireless speakers
- Cordless phones
- USB devices such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc.
In most cases it will be enough to move these devices three to four feet away from the Nintendo Switch console. However, if you continue to experience this issue, please power these devices off while using the Nintendo Switch console.
2 Power Cycle Home Network
- Remove the power cable from both your modem and router.
- Verify all lights are off on the modem and router.
- After 30 seconds, plug in your modem and then your router.
- It may take a few minutes for the internet to reconnect.