Over time, your computer accumulates junk data, such as temporary Internet and Windows files, invalid and obsolete registry entries, remnants of uninstalled programs, and many other unnecessary files that eventually make your computer sluggish and unresponsive. In order to get the most out of your computer, it may need optimization to keep it healthy and running smoothly. This blog post will help you understand some of the key areas of PC maintenance and how Cosmos can help you clean, optimize and repair your PC with just the click of your mouse!
- The Windows® Registry: The Windows registry is one of the most vital components of the Microsoft Windows operating systems. The health of your Windows registry contributes greatly to the overall performance of your PC. As you change your computer settings, install/uninstall programs, or modify files or system policies, your computer’s registry accumulates redundant and invalid entries and becomes fragmented.
- Hard Disk Fragmentation: The health of your PC’s hard disk plays a significant role in determining your PC’s performance. As you store, delete, or move files and folders, install/uninstall programs, data on your hard drive becomes scattered, cluttered and fragmented. As a result, it can affect the data access speed and may slowdown of your PC.
- Temporary Files: The Windows operating system, applications, and web browsers create temporary files as they run. Ideally, these temporary files should be deleted automatically when their correspondent applications are closed. Unfortunately, badly written programs, application hangs, computer crashes and improper shutdowns often leave these temporary files on your hard drive. As the amount of temporary files increase, it not only occupies disk space, but may also impair your PC’s performance.
- Windows Startup Programs: When you install a new program on your PC, the program in many cases adds itself to the list of startup items. Items listed in Windows startup, launch automatically when your computer loads. As the list of startup items grow, it drains your computer’s resources and increases the amount of time it takes for your PC to boot up.
- Windows Settings: Windows operating system default settings typically provide the optimum performance for your PC, but when these settings are changed improperly, it greatly impedes your system’s performance.
How Cosmos Can Help?
Cosmos™ Profession Edition is a comprehensive, multifunctional, PC maintenance suite that bundles 23 powerful tools to help you identify and eliminate problems that may affect your PC. Cosmosscans different areas of your PC and gathers information to determine your computer’s current health and areas where it needs improvement. Some key features of Cosmos are:
- One-click computer checkup
- PC health dashboard
- Automatic scheduled maintenance
- Recovery of deleted data
- Data backup and restore
- System file backup and restore
- Windows desktop gadget for one-click access
- Permanently shred and encrypt files
- Clean and defrag Windows registry and hard disk
- Delete duplicate files to reclaim disk space
- Fix system integrity and disk surface errors
- Manage Windows startup items
- Enhanced program Uninstaller
- Optimizes system memory
- Optimizes power settings for a longer battery life
- And many more… [read more about Cosmos here]